What is Press Release Distribution?
Press Release distribution online is a great way to get your presence and visibility for your brand on media websites. A press release distribution format is primarily used by Corporate and NGOs and even Government organizations to announce something or provide news for publishing online.
How does Press Release distribution work?
Press Release Distribution is a simple process of creating and distributing a Press Release to ensure visibility on online media. A readymade Press Release, including content, pictures and video links is readymade release apt for a journalist or publishing house to portray on their online platform.<br>Once you send your Press Release, it is then distributed via RS feeds to a range of media houses in the network, allowing them to publish the same after a quick review. This fills content for their websites and allows you to get online visibility at a fraction of the cost of regular PR.
Can you guarantee to publish in known media?
Yes, we may, and no we always may not be able to say Yes! Based on experience we can more or less guarantee minimum distribution and visibility. But a specific media house targeting may or may not happen, and is largely based on how newsworthy the content is for placement. An average Press Release content may garner 30+ publishes while a better one may cross 100+ platforms.
How is this Cheaper compared to traditional PR?
Traditional PR processes are aimed to reach specific columns or media houses and may take months for the process to be completed based on relationships with media houses and journalists. Online Press Release Distribution is a pay-per-release model and hence is way cheaper than traditional PR coverage, allowing you to get 30-100+ coverage for your announcement at a fraction of a cost, maybe as low as Rs 15000 plus taxes.
Should I write the release myself?
The factors to consider here are many-fold. If you are a good storyteller and have a business acumen to writing, give it a shot! You will still require a PR distribution firm to get access to journalists. A professionally written release will always garner more eyeballs, get more coverage. So saving small bucks and compromising on coverage may not be a good idea!
What does a Press Release include?
A Press Release needs to include certain elements and has a particular format that allows for a better read and distribution. Some of these elements include:
- A short, engaging heading allows the readers to hook on to the release and get you better coverage and viewership online.
- A subheading is something you may not fit into a Heading, but you would like to highlight certain terminology.
- A Dateline allows users to know when and where the Release came from and recent timeline also allows for a better cover. Old or stale news may not be as newsworthy.
- An Introduction of what a user can expect in the details is a great idea.
- The Body of your announcement consists of details of the concept, news, services, trends or the announcement. Use between 500 to 800 words for the body.
- A Boiler Plate allows you to mention the body/ individual who is releasing the PR.
- Media Contact allows showcasing of the representative authorized to work with Media and be able to answer questions when contacted.
- Social Links allow you to portray your social media presence and the links thereof.
- Pictures and Videos hold key as the magic is in the visuals.
All the element inclusions ensure your PR is worthy of better online coverage and garner more views. Ensure you include the above in your online press release distribution.
How is online press release distribution helpful for Search Engine Optimization?
An online press release gets covered by various media sites that have a good domain authority, which Google considers when checking on “votes of referrals” for a particular service or keyword. Having the right keywords allow you to rank on them especially because they are covered by Permanent links coming from authoritative websites.
How do I amplify my reach on Press Release distribution?
Use Social media to say how the media covered your story. Nothing sells like success! Let your target audiences know that and they would rank your credibility higher!